Diverse

It always times like this that I feel like I have to write something, the urge is electrifying, leaving your brain super conscious, super alert that if you try to persuade your eyes to close and doze off two or three minutes later, it just won’t work. It is something that matters, at least for me if not for you, my dear readers.

I am in someone’s house. A friend of mine. Or the plural of it. They are lying out cold on the thick comforter, fading to their sleep to unvarying rhythmic lullaby of a howling mechanical sound of a ceiling fan. And at times like this, the surge of looking back of what I have, and what I still not possess strikes the chords inside me. Like a sudden reflex. When you touch the ashes of a burning charcoal.

Sometimes things past don’t give you that much of surge. Things that happened a few hours before could be the best memory for you to recall, to analyse, to see thoroughly. As though attaching blocks of plastic bricks. Or rummaging pieces of puzzle in a gigantic box of a lot of other puzzles. It can be fun, I always tell myself that. But for some others, the waiting they have to endure just another thing to be considered. How diverse we are in the first place.

The diversity we think we love to have. Or something we think we should have in the first place so we become distinctive, someone a whole lot different. With attitude.

And when it comes to choices of what life has to offer, the exact and definite answer usually hard to be determined. Our tongue has been caught by a cat all of a sudden. Then I came up with three things that I want to have in my life.

Cold hard cash
A satisfying job
You

Those three were the answers I gave to you.

And then you were gone.

Did my wish too hard to be granted?

I just want you.

I think the diverse side on me has caught me off guard. And I regret every bit of it.


Comments

Anonymous said…
i love your writing...very much indeed

Popular posts from this blog

Revisiting Shay

Someplace Else

Sleep Deprivation Equals To Apple Pie