Crash And Burn, Almost

A week off from work was not a week off from work that I had in mind in the first place. The usual pictures of splashing waves hitting the rust-colored sand on a long stretch popular beach in the East Coast, or being soaked in the bluish water with corals blossoming on the sea bed; or maybe gazing kites in the sky chasing one another, or laid freely in the hammock, under a huge tree reading my favorite novel.

The usual pictures, that is.

I had nothing similar. Maybe one part of them was the kites on the sky. But that one was hardly visible. And the novel part was almost materialized, but minus the hammock and the huge tree.

Tent swept away by the storm? I have tasted once and second time would be no, thank you.

I have literally wasted the days people called as holidays into something painly obscure.

Better luck next time, I pray.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Revisiting Shay

Sleep Deprivation Equals To Apple Pie

Someplace Else