Addiction

I realized recently that my fascination towards certain something or certain someone has a definitive expiration date. A date that is so obscure it changes whenever I feel like to. What was it? Was it partly due to separation issue? Anxiety? Over attachment? Low self confidence? There was a time that I developed a worrying addiction to ice cream that I bought an ice cream machine for the sake of experimenting 'new' flavors that I ended up using the machine for only a couple of times. The machine now stuck on the top shelf in the kitchen, collecting dust and in a year, about to be an ancient relic. 

Or when there was a time that I loved luqaimat (sweet arabic dumpling, glazed with date molasses) so much that I bought them every single day for almost a week. And now when the infatuation is over, the thought of it revokes nothing but a speck of old memory.

It happens to writing as well. When I took my shower a couple of minutes ago, I could not wait to get out of bath and start writing - about my short period of infatuation - that it seemed to wane its steam off. Shall I continue writing tomorrow? Or shall this post end here?

I don't know. We'll see when this excitement comes to life again. 

Good night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Revisiting Shay

Someplace Else

Sleep Deprivation Equals To Apple Pie