Guilt

I’m drowning in guilt. I figured if mistakes weren’t made, guilt wouldn’t hurt. Who would’ve thought that drowning yourself in platitudes was a quick bandaid? Shit such as ‘you did wrong, but it’s a lesson’ or ‘if I were in your shoes, I would’ve done the same’.

Me, you, them, us. We look for an easy fix. We afraid to face our own fear. But if logic would play a role, overcoming your fear is pretty moronic. 

I fear death. Does that mean I should die?

I fear height. Does that mean I should jump off the cliff?

I fear getting dumped. Does that mean I should break someone’s heart?

I fear commitment. Does that mean I should be an ass?

These questions are just like pi. 22 divided by 7. A number so unique there’s no repetition nor pattern. 

It’s never ending. So does our guilt. So what do you do when the guilts are so insurmountable and out of control?

You run? Or you just forget?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Revisiting Shay

Sleep Deprivation Equals To Apple Pie

Someplace Else