Sixth September Two Thousand Seven


I live half an hour 60mph car ride from the place where I work. It is a long journey indeed; I have to wake up in the wee hour so that I could get every incomplete chore in the house, done. It is hard sometimes but I prefer that way.

Yesterday, I woke up at six in the morning. Took my bath, did my prayer, cooked the Australian beef I bought two days ago with black pepper and a sprinkle of rosemary, packed everything up and off I went to my workplace. It was 7 in the morning; the air was so damp I could smell the dew.

I suddenly remembered you today, just when the sun light hit me right on my face when I drove on the freeway to my workplace. I remembered you. I didn’t think that I’ll remember you again. I thought I’ve erased you but the tiny dot of memory still unbroken it attached strongly in my mind. My eyes reddened, I wiped my tears. I wept but the scream remained silent.

How strong I am from the surface, I am nothing but a fractured fragile glass waiting to be shattered into pieces in no time inside. How long I’ve spent my time to keep abreast with my work, I am wailing to keep on breathing in my heart. How hard this has been for me to get you out of my system, it is a struggle to keep me living.

Forgive me for what I’ve done.

ZA
6th September 2007

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Revisiting Shay

Sleep Deprivation Equals To Apple Pie

Someplace Else